【NEWS】Joo Won's Visit in Japan! Fan Meeting in Tokyo — Nakano Sun Plaza


Fans were charmed by his personality and vocal! Joo Won wrapped up his fan meeting emotionally!!

With his rising popularity even in Japan, after playing in various dramas “Baker King Kim Tak Gu”, “Level 7 Civil Servant” and the latest hit drama “Good Doctor” which is to be scheduled airing in Japan, Joo Won held two fan meetings in Tokyo and Osaka.

Joo Won made his appearance from audience seats when fans were focusing on stage where the live band is. While singing the song “If I were”, he was waving to fans and shaking hands with them. Fans were overwhelmed by his surprising appearance and shouted for joy. After finishing the song, he greeted fans in Japanese “Everyone, Happy New Year. Nice seeing you again this year. I haven’t seen you for some time. I am Joo Won. How are you?” Fans answered “Yes”. Joo Won replied “I miss you”. He then continued in Korean “The song you just heard is “If I Were” which Si On sang in “Good Doctor”. I heard KNTV has only aired its first episode. This is the song encompassing the feelings of the autistic Si On “If I were like this……”. Speaking in Japanese, “How was the song?”. Fans replied with applauses.

Joo Won continued “You will hear this song in the second half of the drama. Please recall what I said and what I sang today. And also, please watch “Good Doctor”. It is a bit embarrassing to say this but “Good Doctor” did receive many praises and I also received awards because of this drama. I believe people’s hearts will be healed by Si On’s pure heart. I hope you also will be healed in this event today.” When introducing the song “Nadeshiko”, he said “To me, this is a very important song and also the only Japanese song”. He sang “Nadeshiko” for fans with his great vocal.

Conversing with fans started when MC made her appearance. First, they talked about Joo Won receiving 4 prizes in 2013 KBS Acting Awards by playing the drama “Good Doctor”. He said “This is the first “healing” drama in Korea. I was confident I would be able to convey the message to viewers but somehow by saying about this, I myself, was healed while playing this drama. Also, with whatever lines I said, co-star actors and even the camera man were also healed. Everyone thought it was a healing drama and viewers also said they were healed by watching this drama.”

Then, he revealed how he prepared for the character “The character I played this time is Si On, a pediatrician with autism and savant syndrome, so I met with many people who are autistic and also people who have savant syndrome. Their appearances have been made as reference, I also watched movies and read many articles about autisim as reference. Even now I am no longer playing the character, I can still find a trace of Si On’s gesture and speech in me. With requests from fans, Joo Won sang a little bit of Si On’s version of “If I were”. His singing stirred up the atmosphere.

In this session, there is a comparison of similarities between Si On and Joo Won. Footage of the drama showing Si On’s exceptional memorization which normal people don’t have, Joo Won was given a test for his memory ability. He was told to search for three fans who were present in his fan meeting last June. He left the stage and quickly picked one fan and then roamed around picking another two fans. Two fans were present in his fan meeting last June but the other one fan actually attended one of his other events previously. Unfortunately he still got one wrong so he was given a penalty. He had to do one lap of skipping around the audience seats with his smiles but he was running around the audience seats with his smiles and doing high five with the elated fans instead. MC said “You didn’t skip, you have to do one more lap.” Again, Joo Won left the stage but he ran through via a different passage this time, fans were so excited and he made fans very happy.

Footage of Si On drawing an excellent drawing was being shown on screen. This session was to test how good Joo Won’s drawing skill is. He commented “I am pretty bad with drawing but perhaps you may find some fun after seeing my drawing.” A lucky fan was drawn going up to the stage modeling for Joo Won. As per Joo Won’s request, she had to pose v-signs with both of her hands. Joo Won was so serious doing his drawing and when his drawing was shown to fans, everyone cracked up laughing.

Footage showing the scene which Si On saying his reason for wanting to become a doctor, MC asked about his dream career when he was young, he answered “Kids have many dreams when they are young. For me, I wanted to become a president, a police and even a doctor. At one stage, I wanted to become an interpreter. When kids are young, they feel like doing whatever they want. When asking how he debuted as an actor, he said “When I was 20, I made my debut in musical. After doing a few musicals, I played the drama “Baker King”. He also revealed that he didn’t particularly study for singing. He is interested in doing musicals because while acting, he can sing and that is what he likes.

Footage showing Joo Won practising for musical “Ghost” (a Hollywood movie with the same title) which he is currently performing in Korea. He talked about this thoughts on musical “There is room where I can show my true self when doing musical. Say, if I am sweating during performance, no one will come out and wipe off my sweat, so there is room that I can concentrate on my acting and show my true self to audience.” For playing musical this time, he had been practicing hard, so he showcased a musical scene that he plays guitar and sings the musical version of “Unchained Melody”, the song which is well-known by people who watched the movie.

Then, a video message of Lim Yoon Ho, a hoobae working in the same agency of Joo Won and also playing together in drama “Level 7 Civil Servant”, was shown on screen. At the end of his message, he said “I will go and support him directly!”, then Lim Yoon Ho made his appearance on stage. Joo Won’s fans welcomed him with applauses. Lim greeted Joo Won’s fans with “Everyone, Joo Won hyung really has many fans. Please spend nice time with hyung and enjoy this event to the end.” Joo Won introduced Yoon Ho to everyone and said “I always play with Yoon Ho and we even travel together. He is my loveable younger brother.”

Yoon Ho couldn’t hide his nervousness and sought advice from Joo Won. Joo Won said “I think your appearance right now is rather charming. Certainly, standing up on stage first time can make you nervous. Because I had experience standing on stage when I was a senior high school student, I was not particularly nervous. However if I were Yoon Ho, I think I would be nervous.” As a sunbae, Joo Won showed his consideration. Then Joo Won made a request for Yoon Ho to sing Eric Benet’s “Chocolate Legs”.



While Yoon Ho was singing, Joo Won went to get changed and then came back to stage. He wore a black suit and sang “Love Medicine” with this beautiful vocal. “From now on, I want you to enjoy this event with your heart. And also, I want to stir up the atmosphere here. I will be singing many songs and if you know the songs, please sing it loud together with me.” He showed off his excellent singing ability by singing the up-tempo version of “I Believe” and performing with dancers followed by singing “My Way to You”.

Footage of his practice for dancing was played on screen, he came back to stage wearing a flamboyant jacket and sunglasses. He said “Everyone, are you ready? He showed off his dancing skill and singing “Honey”. Then he said “Let’s dance together!”, dancers started off the famous roll dance and they performed “Choo Choo Train” dance. Fans were excited when he was dancing, atmosphere of the venue reached its climax.

He was catching his breath after changing his clothes and came back to stage. He asked fans “Shall I come down again?” then he made his way to the area where he did not go earlier. He said “Seriously every time when I come to Japan, I feel good. I am going to sing the last song.
Everyone, Thank you. Tonight I received lots of love from everyone. So this year, I want to become the actor Joo Won who can repay the big love everyone is giving me.” He went back to the stage and calmly sang “My Love” with his warm gaze at fans.

Fans yelled out for encore. Joo Won came out to the stage and sang “Nothing Better”. He choked up with tears during singing. It seemed like he was not willing to leave the stage. While waving at fans, he made his way leaving the stage. His personality and vocal charmed his fans and he wrapped up his performance emotionally.


Source: hot-korea | English Translation by manyearsago @ Joo Won Soompi Thread
Previous
Next Post »