【NEWS-131017】Joo Won Has No Plans To Slow Down


Is there such a thing as being too busy if you’re a popular actor? Actor Joo Won’s fans don’t think so. Although considering his busy schedule during the last few years, a few days off here and there might not be a bad idea.

During the last three years he has appeared in a succession of successful dramas, including “Level 7 Civil Servant,” “Bridal Mask,” “Ojakgyo Brothers” and “Kim of Baking: Kim Takgu.” He also appeared in the musical “Grease.”

He won even more fans while playing the savant doctor Park Shi On in “Good Doctor.” But Korean fans may barely have a chance to re-watch that drama before they can see him play the Patrick Swayze role of Sam in the musical version of the film “Ghost.”

And then in December, they can catch Joo Won playing an elite profiler Lee Ho Tae in the film “Catch Me.” His co-star Kim Ah Joong plays the woman who was his first love and is now a thief.

He did not even enjoy a break between the end of filming “Good Doctor” and rehearsals for his musical.

"I was supposed to start my musical practice the day after we finished filming ‘Good Doctor,”’ he said. “I know I did this to myself but I wanted to ask if I could take a few days off.”

But he did not.

“I was already starting two weeks later than everyone else so that wouldn't have made sense,” he said. “I started practicing right away but it has turned out to be fun. I feel alive when I am on stage.”

Still, something had to give so he had to drop out of his regular appearances on “1 Night, 2 Days.” He did not feel like he was doing a good job.
Although his fellow cast members cheered him on, he was not sure he was giving it his all.

“I felt like I was lacking,” he said. “When I read viewers comments such as ‘why did he join?’ and ‘why is he still on?’ my heart felt heavy.”
He originally planned to stay for a year but in the end decided to leave earlier.

“I am thankful that they understood,” he said. “And I felt sorry to go, I had a good time.”

Is there a long break in his future?

“It’s only right to take a break when you are tired and need rest but can’t imagine taking a few months off. I don’t know if I could learn to like it,” he said.

--
Source: kdramastars
Previous
Next Post »