【NEWS-131018】Joo Won Exits 2 Days 1 Night, No More Permanent Variety Show


Actor Joo Won (26 years old) steps down from KBS 2TV 'Happy Sunday - 2 Days 1 Night' (also known as 2D1N) on the broadcast on the 20th of October. For the 'Nation's Maknae' to be able to take on his next challenges and projects, Joo Won had no choice but to bid farewell to the show. With regards to his participation on 2D1N, his presence felt more like a lucky charm. Joo Won's last trip on 2D1N was to Jeju Island. The cast members' thoughts on his leaving were also secretly recorded. The atmosphere on the filming site was tearful and sad. Below are Joo Won's thoughts on leaving 2D1N. "I have been holding back my tears since the very first trip. I am the type who won't even cry after the conclusion of a drama series, but this time I just really felt like crying. When my hyungs gave me the time to bid farewell to the audiences, tears started flowing the moment I opened my mouth. Even though I was crying as I spoke, but I am really thankful for my hyungs' company." 2D1N was Joo Won's first participation in any variety show. With regards to trying out this genre for the first time, Joo Won described the variety scene as a very challenging one. Especially for a show like KBS's 2D1N which is a representative variety show, this results in receiving a lot of attention and expectations from the viewers and even industry insiders. Although Joo Won felt very happy during his time on the show, but he was also very pressured about doing well as he did not want to be any cause of trouble to the cast and crew members. "There seems to be no fixed entertainment programme. Variety skills is a challenge to me. When I first joined, my hyungs taught me how to find opportunities for myself, but it seemed that no matter what I did, it just wasn't funny. Later, someone told me not to be so stressed out about being funny, for I was their reliable Maknae (youngest member). But I was stressed out on my on accord, and for that I felt apologetic to my cast and crew members. I felt that all the blame was to be put on me." Joo Won expressed his gratitude to his cast members Yoo Haejin, Uhm Tae Woong, Lee Suguen, Cha Taehyun, Sung Sikyung and Kim Jongmin. On the epsiode with Soo Ae back in July, when they had the opportunity to share their inner feelings, Joo Won mentioned that as a Maknae he felt that he was unable to do a good job with expressing his variety skills . After that, his fellow cast members told him not to feel so burdened about it. "All my hyungs were so surprised after watching the episode on broadcast. I actually felt very apologetic. But my hyungs are too nice. I am always so happy when I hang around with them. It feels just like when I hang out with my co-stars, I feel at peace. Singers, Actors, Comedians, they all have their own positions. I did not seem to blend well with them at first, I might even have made them feel awkward or uncomfortable? But miraculously, it was my hyungs who opened up to me invitingly first. My hyungs are really too good to me." During the past 1 year and 8 months, Joo Won has traveled to and visited many beautiful local sites in Korea. Joo Won mentioned that one of his most memorable locations was Jeju Island. His favorite delicacies' location was Chungbuk of Jecheon. "Jeju was my most memorable place. Although I did not get to visit all the parts of the island, but the island is place that is really worth introducing to everyone. The picturesque scenery is really beautiful. Speaking of Jecheon, the food there is really delicious. Come to think of it, all the places that I've visited are really great." Joo Won also talked about the recent 'Let's go to Yang Yang with friends!' episode, regarding his close friend, Lee Se Wook's appearance. Joo Won met his friend, Se Wook back in high school, and he considers him the 'best' of all types of friends.The two frequently meets during their free time, more often than that of lovers. "Se Wook and I are best friends. When I don't have any work going on, I'd be spending my time with him. We're just like a couple. We hang out at a neighborhood cafe? And we really just drink coffee. If we're not in a good mood, we'll go to Gyeonggi Province, Bundang-gu for a coffee. If you want to meet, you can come but you definitely can't save on the coffee."

--
Source: Nate
Chinese Translations: Choco
English Translations: yxgrace@moonjunworld
Previous
Next Post »